Just so we’re on the same page, please have a look at this one.
Our policies can be summed up in one sentence: All sales are final, and your satisfaction is our top priority. For more details, please read on.
WHAT WE DO AND OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
To paraphrase a quote that’s often credited to Albert Einstein, “Don’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.”
How does that apply to our policies and the way we treat our customers? We want you to know that we are not a traditional furniture company. At least, we are not like the “big” furniture companies. We do what we do well, but we don’t do everything. Chances are, if you’re reading this, you like what we do. This is just an opportunity for us to remind you what we do, before we take your order, so we’re on the same page. If we don’t live up to these dos and don’ts, we will make it right. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
Here’s what we do:
- We take your order seriously and endeavor to make exactly what you ordered and see that it’s delivered to you in the same condition it left our factory. We see your order as a contract with us, so we make exactly what’s on the receipt. (So make sure you double and triple check it before you “pull the trigger”.)
- We craft your piece with integrity and ensure that it’s built to last. As much as we love every piece we make, we don’t want to see them again. We want them to be with you and your family for a long time.
- We make furniture from reclaimed wood, specifically from old bowling lanes. We clean each and every piece that goes into the construction of your product. But, it’s reclaimed wood. It may show signs of its past life including nail holes and grooves. You will likely see wood fill in spots here and there. If you don’t see that as “character” then we might not be a good fit for your needs.
- We guarantee each and every furniture product that we sell for one year under normal use, but in truth, we’re here for you long past that should you have any questions or needs.
Here’s what we don’t do:
- We don’t change the stain or steel color from what you ordered. Stain color can vary based on the way the wood accepts the stain. There is a margin of error with stain that’s beyond our control, but we never change the stain from what’s on the site or from the sample that you receive.
- You will likely know that your furniture was made by human hands. While we do use big planers and sanders to process our wood, we craft most of our furniture by hand. It will be hard to tell at first, but the evidence will be there. This is handcrafted furniture, unlike furniture that’s made by computers and robots.
- We’re not a big box furniture company. Why is that good? We make one piece at a time, one order at a time. There is not a warehouse of identical products to the one you ordered. Your order is shepherded through our fabrication and quality control process with the highest attention to detail.
Returns and Cancellations:
- Any order can be cancelled within 24 hours for a full refund.
- After 24 hours:
- Dimensions of an order can be altered up to one week after the order was placed
- Colors of an order can be altered up to 2 weeks after an order was placed.
- As we are a made-to-order company, we do not offer returns. Your order will be fulfilled specifically for you. Mistakes are rare, but if we make a mistake and send you something that differs from your order, excluding variations of stain, which is out of our control and somewhat subjective, we will rectify the mistake at our expense.
- Lead times are estimated, but in most cases accurate.